Donations & Corporate Giving Policy
Corporate giving requests are segmented into three categories.
A. Advertising- can be through traditional channels or less traditional channels, ie) Cornerstone logo on the boards within Art Hauser Arena, advertising within a brochure for an arts event;
B. Sponsorship- sponsorship of teams or events could be considered;
C. Donations- monetary or gift-in-kind donations for events or services within the community;
Many requests often encompass more than one segment of giving. All requests must be accompanied by a ‘Donation Request Application’, additional information may be supplied with the request. Requests can be made for:
Due to the volume of requests received each year Cornerstone Insurance will give priority to requests that meet the following criteria:
1. Requests made in person with documentation including financial goals to support their request;
2. Requests made to the Executive Management Team by individuals or organization making the request;
3. Requests made a minimum of 2 months in advance of need; a. More time will be required for larger requests.
4. Requests that benefit the community rather than benefitting solely one individual, team, or organization;
5. The following categories of efforts will be given priority:a. Safety programs- example: Home Safe Programs, smoke/CO2 alarm programs;b. Traffic related initiatives: MADD, SADD, Distracted driving;c. Fire prevention: Volunteer fire fighter equipment, fire prevention awareness campaigns;d. Theft prevention: COPPS;e. Community building: EA Rawlinson, Art Hauser Center, Alfred Jenkins Center, etc.
6. Requestors who are current clients of Cornerstone/Swift Insurance will be given priority;
7. Considerations will be made surrounding net benefit to our organization as it relates to growing the business ie: client retention, thanking patrons, perspective new clients;
8. Preference will be given to causes that are attached to someone within our organization or which they are involved in either by giving time, treasure, or talent;
9. Causes that are near and dear to the hearts of staff and shareholders of Cornerstone/Swift Insurance will be prioritized.
Once requests have been received they will go to Cornerstone’s Executive Management Team for consideration and approval.
These criteria do not pertain to causes considered for “Dress down Day” donations.