We thought it would be an interesting insight to see how our staff are adjusting to their new remote work life so we have created a Q&A, with some of our staff members, to let you see how they’re adapting!
What do you miss most about your work office or the staff you work with?
- I miss seeing the faces of my work family. Although we keep in touch remotely, I miss the face to face interactions. And also all the treats that show up. – Jennifer Durand | Controller
- The staff as whole – Being able to interact and talk to everyone in person. Laugh together as a group…. The human interaction with those who have become my family over the years!! – Shantel Kalika | CSO
- The people and interaction obviously, but it is mostly the non-official stuff I miss most. We have an awesome team and it is uplifting to watch them achieve. – Tim Longworth | CEO
What is your favourite thing about your home office/working from home?
- I’m not a morning person, so my commute being shortened to under 15 seconds has really up’d my game with being on time – Brock Longworth | COO
- Dressing down! Having a more relaxed dress code right now is my favorite part. – Jenna Henderson | Personal Lines Account Manager
- I’m enjoying the commute and the chance to eat lunch at home. Built some good sandwiches last week. – Aaron Kuchirka | Director of Finance
What’s the first thing you want to do when no longer required to social distance?
- Hum, although this is tough as there are many many things, I would say head to the grandparents’ house, drop the kids off, grab a Starbucks and head to Winners alone. – Yvonne Jones | Personal Lines Manager
- Hug my kids and grandkids. – Debbie Heal | Commercial Lines Manager
- I think the first thing I want to do is send my kids back to school (if it’s not summer break) ….. Finding the balance of working from home and being a homeschool teacher gets to be a bit draining, however keeping their minds fresh and up to date is very important. Cooking skills is one of my favorite to teach right now — After work, we cook! – Crystal Ruthven | Accounting Coordinator
What is one thing you want Cornerstone clients to know about working with us during this time?
- Just because our offices are unavailable to the public for walk-ins during this time, does not mean that we aren’t here for you! Cornerstone Insurance is beyond advanced with technology and we are here for all your insurance needs as your trusted advisors!! Contact us by phone, email, on our live chat and even get a quote online in minutes – Shantel Kalika | CSO
- I would like clients and, in fact, everyone out there to know that they can depend on us and access all the knowledgeable, friendly insurance related services and advice. We’ve been doing it this way for years! – Tim Longworth | CEO
- I’d like our clients to know that our company has been working on digital availability for over 5 years. We’re 100% able to meet any insurance needs our clients have remotely, and doing business that way is routine for us – In fact we’ve had clients from all over Western Canada for years. – Brock Longworth | COO
Well there you have it! Our staff seem to be adjusting to this temporary change and even though our offices may be closed to walk-ins, we are still 100% open for business. Stay safe and stay home!