When it comes to registering a vehicle for the first time you are going to require a bill of sale in order to do so. Although vehicle sales and purchases occur daily, often there are missing details on the bill of sale which lead to delays before it can be registered.
In order to avoid these situations, it is important to know what must be included on the bill of sale in order for your SGI Motor Licence Issuer to accept it.
1. Purchaser and Seller Information
- In addition to the names of the purchaser and seller, there must be a signature present from the seller (always) and also for the buyer (when it is a dealership or commercial sale).
2. Complete Vehicle Information
- This includes the make and model of the vehicle, the VIN number, and the year.
3. Details of the Sale
- You are required to have the date of when the sale occurred as well as the price that the vehicle was purchased for.
- If the vehicle is a gift, it must be stated as such and what the relationship is between the seller and the receiver of the gift.
If any of the above requirements are missing, the bill of sale will need to be revised by the seller before the registration transaction can be completed. SGI provides a sample bill of sale on their website here, which can be used in order to ensure that all information is included.
As always, if you have any questions regarding vehicle registrations or other SGI transactions, please reach out to our Motor Licence Issuing Team at 1-888-763-8635 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org