Have you wondered if it’s time to replace your car tires? The performance of your tires is very important for maintaining the safety, performance, and efficiency of your vehicle. Make sure to check your tires using the tips below.
Here’s how to determine if you need to replace your tires:
• If you look at your tread pattern and notice the beginnings of the tread wear
bars starting to form between the treads or running across the tires, and then
become flush with the tires’ tread, you should replace your tires.
• Conduct a test by using a Canadian nickel by inserting the coin with Queen
Elizabeth’s crown facing down. If you can see the top of the Queen’s crown, your tire is below 2/32″ and needs to be replaced.
Use the following tips to help keep your tires in the best shape possible:
• Rotate your tires from the front to the rear in pairs.
• If you drive a four-wheel drive or all-wheel drive vehicle, replace all four tires
when it is recommended in your service manual.
• Since tires do not wear evenly, perform the penny test at several points from
the outside to the inside of the tires.
• Test and replace your tires at the same time.
• Always keep your tires properly inflated.
If you notice that your tire wear is extremely uneven or that your tires have
worn out much faster than you expected, visit a competent auto shop. They will
check your suspension and make any necessary corrections before replacing