Follow these easy steps to make sure there are no surprises this Spring. Your home insurance will cover many perils, however some forms of water damage might not be included. Protect your home from costly damage that could be avoided.
INSIDE YOUR HOME
- Inspect the attic for signs of roof leaks.
- Inspect the washing machine and dishwasher hoses and clean the filters.
- Check the float of your sump pump to ensure it’s clean and moving freely by slowly pouring water into the sump tank.
OUTSIDE YOUR HOME
- Clean out and repair eaves troughs and downspouts.
- Ensure downspouts extend from your home by at least six feet or set up a rain barrel to catch water runoff.
- Repair driveways, walkways, patio deterioration and seal cracks.
- Paint or stain exterior trim, fences and decks as needed.
- Repair damage on the outside of your home, including cracks or storm damage.
- Find and seal any foundation, crawlspace, or basement crack, seepage or leaks.
- Wash and repair holes in window and door screens.
- Ensure the soil around your home slopes away from the foundation